Sunday 30 March 2014

Working as a florist: day 2

Day 2 working in a florist was even harder than day 1! The aches were all still there from the day before and gradually got worse, customers were practically queueing out the door and everyone was just so busy. I got to do some more arrangements though, including the tulip boxes shown below (which sold for £25), some more designs with sisal collars, the little mother's day handbags and I learnt how to aquapack.

I also got to make a bouquet to take home for my own mother, which included freesias, roses and chrysanthemums. I wanted something a bit different so stayed away from pinks and whites which featured heavily in every other arrangement. My mum liked them so that's what really matters!

I've learnt a lot in my two days working as a florist. I see now how tough it can be and how busy it gets at certain times of the year. They said I could go back at any time so I can hopefully learn a few more practical skills when it's a bit quieter. It's worth all the time and effort when you see the finished work though, and my love for flowers hasn't lessened any!


 photo Name1_zpse6c895c3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment